Wednesday, 7 May 2014

Bedroom garland

I have had several garlands hanging in my bedroom, from my overhead closets.
Now It was time for a new one. In reddish colours.

I used 8 different colours. Mostly cotton yarn.
First lots of round pieces were crocheted, some two coloured.
I crocheted in most of the ends as I went, so I didn't have to sew them in later.
Leaving just the last end.

Then I crocheted a long red string,
 onto where I sewed the round pieces with their said last unsewed ends.
Then I continued to crochet two strings onto the red string in places.
 A darker red and a purple.
So there were 3 strings in all with round pieces sewed onto them.
- Also called a garland.

Then I fastened the garland onto my overhead closets with tape.
I started up fitting them closer and tighter together,
 but didn't really like it, so I loosened them up a bit. 
Now it is as you see on the pictures.

My bedroom does look a bit like an invasion of an Ikea kitchen.
-Which makes sense since my closet is from Ikea, and it is the same as the ones in my kitchen.
Because of that I try to add something to make it look more like an actual bedroom.
Here the garland comes in, and the painting in the background.


Which reminds me, that painting really isn't done.
 I will probably end up painting it over with something completely new,
 the next time I get a craving for painting.

I actually haven't got any craft I am passionate about at the moment.
Which is rather annoying. - And a tad boring.
All I can do is to do a bit,
- so I at least don't feel like I am completely waisting  my time.
It is just, since I got all the time one could need,
 it is a shame not to spend all of those hours being creative you see.
Such a waste of perfectly good usable time.

Now I will drink another cup of Assam tea.
Which surely can't be called a waste of time,
but something that renders the day a bit better by each cup:)

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea and I might have to steal it, if you don't mind my saying so! I've been wondering about knitted bunting for a while now but I think this might be a better way to go about it :)